Each employee who requires training must have their own Training Package, which includes;
- Asbestos Awareness Training Course
- Asbestos Awareness Training Quiz
- Asbestos Awareness Training Certificate (wallet & wall-mount)
Learners need a minimum of 80% on the quiz to pass successfully you will have unlimited attempts to pass.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring material that used widely in manufactured products because of its heat-resistant and insulating properties. Asbestos also does not dissolve in water or evaporate. It is a friable material which means that small fibres and clumps of fibres can be released into the air. The release of asbestos fibres into the air can pose known health risks, including asbestosis a form of lung cancer..
The Asbestos Awareness course reviews information about asbestos types, where asbestos is likely to be found in workplaces, safe work procedure requirements and how to protect yourself should you encounter asbestos containing materials in the workplace. Asbestos Awareness eLearning from Safety First meets the Ministry of Ontario standard for general training.
Each workplace must still provide site specific training to all employees, where applicable.
Length of voice over plus 30 mins, however this can vary due the course being self based learning with no maximum time requirements.
- What is Asbestos?
- Uses of Asbestos?
- Where is Asbestos Found
- Health Hazards
- Health Effects
- Occupational H&S Legislation
- Workplace Party Responsibilities
- Protecting Yourself
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what asbestos is and it’s different forms
- Explain properties, history and uses of asbestos-containing materials
- Define and provide examples of friable and non-friable asbestos
- Describe the health hazards cause by asbestos exposure
- Apply knowledge acquired in this course to avoid asbestos exposure
- Ensure what to in an emergency involving hazardous products and chemical
Who Should Take It?
All workers including employers, supervisors and employees in Canada, who may encounter asbestos containing material in the workplace.
Benefit of Online Training
Online Training with Safety First is fast and effective, some benefits include;
- Available 24/7
- Can be completed from home
- No need to remove employees from work to complete mandatory training
- Employers can be sure every leaner has received the same quality of training
- Save on traveling cost
- No minimum number of participants needed to complete the course
Google Chrome is recommended.