Each employee who requires training must have their own Training Package, which includes:
- Basic Fire Safety Training Course
- Basic Fire Safety Quiz
- Basic Fire Safety Certificate (wallet & wall-mount)
Learners need a minimum of 80% on the quiz to pass successfully you will have three attempts to pass.
A fire in the workplace can be one of the most devastating hazards for not only the workers but the public as well. It can result in numerous serious injuries or even fatalities in addition to extensive property damage. Fire is a chemical reaction involving rapid oxidation or burning of a fuel.
The following four elements must be present in order for a fire to occur:
This course will give you the educational learning requirements to be competent in identifying fire hazards and how to correctly choose the method for extinguishing the fire, your employer should also provide you with your hands-on learning to ensure you are aware of any hazards that are site-specific. This course complies with the below Ontario Legislation as well as most legislation in Canada:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects (O. Reg. 213/91) s. 52, 53, 54, 55
- Ontario Regulations for Industrial Establishments
- Storage of flammable liquids (s.22)
- Portable containers for dispensing flammable liquids (s.23)
- NFPA 10 – Standard for Portable Extinguishers
- Ontario Fire Code (0. Reg. 213/07)
- Ontario Building Code (O. Reg. 350/06)
- Canadian Electrical Code Part 1 (C22.1-C22.1-09)
- Ontario Electrical Safety Code (24th edition/2009) (Section 18: Hazardous Locations)
- WHMIS (RBO 1990, Regulation 860
Course Duration; Length of voice over plus 30 mins, however, this can vary due to the course being self-paced learning with no maximum time requirements.
- What Causes Fire
- Fire Prevention
- Emergency Response
- Fire Extinguisher Safety
- Classes of Fire and Types of Fire Extinguishers
- Selection, Use, and Maintenance of Fire Extinguishers
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine what causes fire and the classes of fire
- Identify fire hazards and follow fire prevention practices
- Know how to use the correct fire extinguisher for different classes of fire
- Understand the evacuation procedures and able to respond in a fire emergency situation
Who Should Take It?
Employees who may be required to use a fire extinguisher. Most Canadian jurisdictions mandate that a person who may be required to use fire extinguishing equipment shall be trained in its use.
The Benefits of Online Training
Online Training with Safety First is fast and effective, some benefits include;
- Available 24/7
- Can be completed from home
- No need to remove employees from work to complete mandatory training
- Employers can be sure every learner has received the same quality of training
- Save on traveling cost
- No minimum number of participants needed to complete the course