Each participant enrolled in the online training will need to successfully complete the following:
- Modules 1 & 2
- Complete a final Assessment of Incident Investigation and receive a minimum score of 80% on the quiz in order to successfully pass the course.
The investigation process occurs after an incident has occurred. By investigation incidents, root causes, and preventative measures can be eliminated in order to prevent future incidents from occurring again.
This course is intended to increase the knowledge of employers, joint health & safety committee members, and management in incident investigation while providing examples and checklists for further learning. Identifying root causes, how to conduct a workplace investigation, and making appropriate recommendations will be taught in this course. There are two modules in this course:
- Incident Investigation
- The Incident Investigation Process
It is important to note that this course is intended to provide an introduction into incident investigation.
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Members
- Management & Supervisors
- General Staff
Completion of the course will provide participants with the knowledge of:
- Recognize that all workplaces are governed by federal or provincial territorial OHS legislation and that all OHS laws include provisions for incident investigation
- Know the general OHS responsibilities of employers and those of workers
- Recognize the responsibilities of employers and workers when it comes to incident reporting and investigation
- Describe the types of incidents that must be reported to the government and know the incident reporting specifications for their region
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of a Health and Safety Officer
- Recognize that the employer is responsible for investigating workplace incidents
- Know what workplace members and other parties may be part of an investigation team
- Know the required elements of an incident report
This course is designed to be completed within 45 minutes; however, participants are able to complete the course within any time length they desire.
Benefits of Online Training with Safety First Consulting:
- Support available 24/7
- Can be completed at home, work or anywhere with internet accessibility.
- Certificate received upon completion of every course.
Registration for this course can be completed online at https://safetyfirstconsulting.ca/workplace-health-and-safety-training-programs/ or by contacting our online registration service at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 905-669-6920
Google Chrome is recommended