WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems) helps identify the hazards of products and groups them by similar properties or hazards into classes. The Hazardous Products Regulations specifies the criteria used to place the products within each classification, which are then made by the manufacturer or supplier for products used in Canada.
WHMIS is Canada’s hazard communication standard for providing health and safety information on hazardous products intended for use, handling, or storage in Canadian workplaces. WHMIS 2015 eLearning from Safety First meets the Ministry of Ontario standard for general training.
Each workplace must still provide site-specific training to all employees, where applicable.
Course Duration: Length of voice over plus 30 mins, however, this can vary due to the course being self-based learning with no maximum time requirements.
- Introduction of WHMIS 2015
- Workplace Responsibilities
- Hazard Classification
- WHMIS Labels
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Protecting Yourself
- What are the rules and regulations behind WHMIS?
- Become familiar with supplier labels, workplace labels, and SDS information
- Know the hazards and understand their impact on your health
- Understand how to work safely with chemicals
- Exercise your worker’s rights when using hazardous materials
Who Should Take It?
All workers in all work settings including employers, supervisors, and employees. This course expires every year and needs to be refreshed!
The Benefit of Online Training
- Online Training with Safety First is fast and effective, some benefits include:
- Available 24/7
- Can be completed from home
- No need to remove employees from work to complete mandatory training
- Employers can be sure every learner has received the same quality of training
- Save on traveling cost
No minimum number of participants needed to complete the course